The double-layered SEISMIC foundation pillow
The foundation pillow for seismically active regions with design ground acceleration above 0,1g.
In regions with ground acceleration ag above 0,1g, double-layered thermal insulation of the foundation slab should be installed with the double-sided self-adhesive waterproofing enclosed between the two thermal insulation layers, thus solving several problems in one go:
- The waterproofing layer which prevents the entry of water and moisture is protected from damage between two smooth-surfaced thermal insulation boards.
- With the addition of a special membrane, the health hazardous radon gas can be prevented from entering the building.
- Basically, this foundation pillow prevents uncontrolled movement of thermal insulation boards during an earthquake. Consequently, there is no damage to the pipework which penetrates the foundation pillow.
Note: To ensure a perfect grip with the foundation slab concrete, the surface of the FIBRANxps SEISMIC thermal insulation is provided with grooves.
Assembly of SEISMIC foundation pillow
Double-layer thermal insulation
- final layer (e.g. tiling)
- cement screed
- sound insulation – foamed polyethylene foil
- reinforced concrete foundation slab
- FIBRANxps SEISMIC 400-L (500-L, 700-L)
- FIBRANhydro SEISMIC T-1,8sk/sk - bituminous double sided self adhesive waterproofing
- additionally, in case of groundwater, FIBRANhydro SEISMIC T-3sk
- FIBRANxps 400-L (500-L, 700-L)
- levelling concrete
- compacted soil